Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And puppy makes three!

Three kids that is. =) Here is the newest addition to our family...Meet Tapio.


He is 75% golden retriever and 25% cocker spaniel. They breed them this way so they won't be as big as a golden retriever. We're hoping anyway. Matt loved the idea of getting a puppy that the kids could grow up with. My 3 big absolutes were that he had to be a good family dog, one who would respect the kids as his superior, he couldn't be a really big dog, and that he was going to be Matt's "baby." I mother babies, not puppies. =) So far so good. I've had to do a little more mothering than I thought since Matt still has to travel about 2 days a week for work, but I've already grown attached to this little guy, he is the cutest little puppy!


Tanner just loves him!! (Good call Matt!)




We are in the process of training this little guy, he chews on everything! He is coming along though. We'll see how he's doing in a few weeks. =)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

He's SO CUTE! I love him. I want to see him :)

Melissa said...

He is really cute. Our girls really want a dog. I told Ben just last night that I needed to see how things go with baby #3 before getting a little puppy. Maybe we will just come play with yours :)

Amy said...

SO cute. I love my dog but she's five now and I didn't love her that first year. It took a lot of patience but training is definitely worth it. Unfortunately, the chewing thing lasted about a year but she doesn't chew now. Enjoy!

Holly said...

He is such a little love! Almost makes me want to get one. I love dogs, but don't know if I am ready for that yet!

Good luck with house training!

Kim said...

What a cute puppy!

Kendra Meyers said...

How fun for your kids to get a puppy!

Jake and Nicole said...

Mary, hey it's Nicole Peterson Pead! I don't know how I managed to come across your blog but I did! How cute are your kids!!! It's fun to see your little family! I didn't know you were in Utah, we should get together!!

Elisa said...

Super cute puppy!! We have a Goldendoodle, which is a golden mix with a poodle. He is great because he doesn't shed, but he is wild and adorable! Your kids will love him. Mia is best friends with ours.