Yesterday I was working in Phoenix. I took an afternoon flight to Orlando. Ate dinner and went to the game. Slept at Spencer's pad for 3 hours. And now I'm back at the airport! Was it worth it? 100%! While I'm waiting for the plane to arrive, I thought I'd take some time to post pics and rub it in to my brothers...I was at the Finals! Spencer was kind enough to spot me a ticket and drive me around with only one requirement...I had to represent the Howard jersey. With pleasure, baby! With pleasure.

I got this far onto the court and I got that "just try me sucka" look from the security guy. He was size of an elephant, so I left well enough alone.


The ESPN boys, with my favorite being Mike Wilbon. Tanner and Kate will know him as "daddy's PTI show".


Claudia (Spencer's girlfriend) and I stowed away in some floor seats through the introduction until the opening buzzer. She gave a high-five to Chris Brown (I told Claudia she should have asked for a shiner like Rhianna, just to prove it), we were near Carlos Boozer, and Chris Tucker (the Rush Hour guy) was next to us. Then two guys showed up to claim their seats. They didn't speak English well and looked like suave, drug-cartel kingpins, so I relinquished my pre-game seat warming service without question. Our real seats were still great and provided an awesome experience. The arena was buzzing with energy; it was a blast. Too bad the Magic lost in overtime. Spencer and I soothed the disappointment with some Stake & Shake. Thanks Spence! That was once in a lifetime.





4 comments:
Oh my. That is sweet!
Conrad was super bummed he couldn't go. Glad you had fun!
Matt - Amazing trip! Thanks for
the detailed report.
What a fun experience, I'm glad you had a fun time!
Post a Comment