Life-fixing classes
Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.
Photography--I would most definitely take this class with Holly. If there is anything I want to do as a mother it is making sure I capture life's little moments, remembering all the fun times we have, and photographing the uniqueness of each of my children. I love Holly's pictures because they capture emotion, I definitely want to learn how to do this better. I want to remember my children's expressions, how they reacted to certain situations, and their sweet personalities. You can most definitely capture this on film, if you have the right tools, the quick eye, and some knowledge of what you are doing. Every time I take pictures, I hope to get a little better...
Running--I would take this class with my sister-in-law Lauren, and Leah Humberstone (I really enjoy reading about your success Leah). I have run on and off since I was in college. I really enjoy running, it is very therapeutic, especially if you have good tunes and a moment to get out and breathe in the fresh air. I love it! I would love to start running in races, 5k's 10k's, Half Marathon's etc. I have been out of shape for so long, that I need to take this course so I could ease into it the right way. I have weak knees and need to strengthen them before I get into it, but I know this would help me reach me health/exercise goals.
Religion/Spirituality--I would take this course with my mom, actually I would take the course from her. She is one of the most consistent and spiritual people I know. I think of those primary songs, "I see my mother kneeling..." I would always see my mother kneeling in prayer and reading her scriptures, writing in her journal and never missing the "important" things like FHE. I never thought much of it when I was little, but as a mother now, trying to fit everything in, I really admire that she constantly made it a priority. She made it seem so easy.
Organization--I would take this class from my mother-in-law. She knows where to find anything in a moments notice. She has a great filing system that keeps everything organized, she has an amazing closet that organizes everything that most of us just throw in a junk drawer. I love that. Many times during the day I throw m hands up in the air just wishing I were more organized--maybe living in a tiny apartment that I only planned to live in for 3 months, and it has now been 9, has something to do with it. =)
Mothering--I would take this class with and from all the wonderful friends that I have and mothers that I know. I think every mother wishes they were a little better in something, or a few somethings. If we could pool all our ideas together, we could teach each other so much. I would focus on the "patience" and "relax, their just kids", sections. I admire so many of you for your patience with letting your kids just be kids. I really, really need to work on that.
Fashion--I feel so frumpy sometimes. I want to feel cute, even if I'm just running around in my workout clothes. I would take this class with my sister-in-law Lauren, and my friend Kendra. Teach me how to accessorize, both of you seem to have it down. I wish I had more courage and confidence to accessorize, I think that would make a big difference.
Cooking/Nutrition--I love cooking and I love nutrition, and I can't seem to get enough information. Matt will laugh at me because I'll buy a book I'll have only gotten about a third of the way through the one I bought prior. I'd take this class with anyone who wants to learn more.
I tag Brynn, Ashley H., Jessica W., Andrea C, and Meg G.
1 comment:
I love all of your classes and your thoughts behind them.
Post a Comment