In January, I decided one of my New Year's resolutions was going to be to run a half marathon. I've never run in a race before, let alone train for one. But, I started training back in January and with a lot of determination and hard work, I was able to complete my goal. It was so fun. I loved every minute of it, and this is just the beginning...I have caught the running bug, this is definitely not my last race.
Sprinting to the finish line...



Pointing to my time. Matt, Tanner, and Kate were right there next to the finish line, and I wanted to make sure they noticed. =) My mom was also there (thanks mom!), as was my wonderful in-laws, Nick, Cole, and Lauren (Matt's brothers and sister). It was great to have such support there cheering me on.

I couldn't be more grateful for such a supportive husband. When I told him I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon, he didn't once doubt my ability to do it. He had every reason to, as every other exercise thing I've started, I've never followed through with, but he was with me every step of the way, praising, encouraging, and motivating me. Thanks baby! I couldn't have done this without your support! Love you!

My inspiration! This is my dear friend Maggie, whom I grew up with in Texas. She ran her first half last year and totally inspired me to do this. Thanks Maggs! Love you too!! Just wish you could have run it with me. =( Here's hoping for Hobble Creek!
12 comments:
Holy crap Mare! That's an awesome time, too! Can you PLEASE pass that running bug onto me? (I'll let you know about Gardener Village too...)
WOW - Congrats! What an accomplishment! :)
Great job Mary! Way to go!
Good for you Mary! This is fantastic! Your time is amazing.
Any tips for catching the running bug? I just can't get myself to like it even thought I (kind of) want to.
Way to go, Mary!! That is an awesome time. I'm still working my way up to ten minute miles...
Sweet Mary -- WOW - what an amazing
time!! Hard work, resolve, attitude, and perseverance...
- Mom and I are so proud of you!!
We love you tons, Dad : )
I'm so proud of you! I hope to follow in your hallowed footsteps (as it were) someday!
I am so impressed...maybe sometime in the far future you might convert me to the running bug, but probably not. Still amazed at your amazing abilities!
Yay Mary! We're so proud of you!
Mary, you KICK butt! I am so proud of you for sticking to this. It's awesome and gives me hope that one day I too will stick to a goal :) bhahh!
Mary you are one of my favorite people. You always inspire me! Look at you, wow I am impressed. Life looks good and I am glad. All is good with our family. YEA!
Yay, Mary! Way to pursue and accomplish your goal, that's so awesome!
Post a Comment