I saw these cute little "Bat'o'laterns" in F*mi*y F*n Magazine and I thought they would be a lot of fun to try and make.

Tanner took his painting part very seriously,

and was a great little painter!

After a couple of hours, we finally had one!

Tanner is so proud!

This picture makes me laugh so hard. Kate is wanting to hold the pumpkin, and Tanner is just giving her the look of death. "Don't you even think about it Kate, this bat is MINE."

Too much fun.

I thought they turned out pretty cute, huh?
A few days later, we did the traditional carving of the pumpkins.

Cole, Matt's youngest brother, joined us for the occasion.

Showing Matt how scooping out the icky guts of the pumpkin is my favorite part. (NOT!)

Tanner helping me dig.

Yeah, I don't think he liked it either.

Our works of art...

...and some pumpkins from our garden.

What a pretty sight! I sure love Halloween!
2 comments:
How creative and fun! I love the picture where Tanner does not want Kate to have his pumpkin and your commentary, super funny.
What fun and a great tradition!!
Post a Comment