Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day 2009!


Here's Tanner and Kate in their patriotic attire wishing everyone a very Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a very fun, but long day on Saturday. Here's the rundown:

6:00 a.m. - Woke the kids up to go see the hot air balloons. (didn't actually get out of the car, just drove by and let the kids watch from the car, they were happy with that).

7:00 a.m. - Went to the parade route and hung out with family while waiting for parade to start.

9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Provo parade!! The kids had a blast! They loved the balloons, the dinosaur float, the army trucks, the motorcycles, and Kate especially liked the beauty queen floats, or the "princesses" as she would say.

12:00 p.m. - quick lunch

12:30p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Family nap! Even Tanner fell asleep. It was very nice!

4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Swimming with cousins

5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Family BBQ!! So much yummy food! I love having SO many great cooks in the family!

9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Our very own fireworks show with our cousins. It's so fun to be able to do your own fireworks in Utah. In Texas, it was illegal, so I never experienced that growing up. Tanner and Kate loved it, especially the sparklers that they could hold all on their very own.

10:00 p.m. - Fireworks watching party at our good friends house. We could see Stadium of Fire from her front yard. Very cool! Again, tons of yummy food, but my poor pregnant belly was stuffed, so I didn't eat too much.

11:00 p.m. - Everyone in bed fast asleep, especially mom. =)


Here are a few pictures of when the kids were swimming and I actually remembered to pull my camera out. I hope my brain comes back after the baby is born, because I sure feel "air-head-ish" these days.




This is what Kate called her "Shamu pose." (We went to Sea World last week when we were in San Diego).


Kate cracks me up! Her mannerisms, her giant vocabulary, and how she puts the two together can keep my laughing for hours. Tanner was too busy swimming and jumping off the diving board with his cousins to pose for any pictures. At least I got him in a couple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Shamu pose, that is so cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun 4th of July!

Kim said...

Mary-- I miss you. When are you available to get together? Your kids are so grown up!

Brynn said...

Hey, when did Kate become a little girl!