Sunday, July 19, 2009

Epic Duet!

I have the BEST husband in the entire world!! Matt took the kids this weekend so I could go down to Las Vegas with some of my friends to go to The David Archuleta concert. We got the VIP tickets which were so worth every penny! Before the concert, they had a VIP meet and greet where we were able to go into this small room and have an intimate acoustical performance from David. It was incredible. There were only like 100 people there. So cool!! We were also able to get our pictures taken with him. And even though I wasn't thrilled to get a picture 7 1/2 months pregnant where my face looks super chubby (especially in this not very good picture of me), it's pretty cool that I will be able to have this to put in my scrap book!


But that's not even the best part...they had a raffle where they chose 3 people from the audience to come up to the front to ask David a question. I was one of the 3 chosen. So when I got up there, I asked him if I could sing with him. He said yes! We sang part of his beautiful song, "To Be With You." Here's a recording of it. The first minute or so we are just chatting, then he starts singing, sings part of the first verse and I come in with the harmony part for the chorus. It was seriously one of the COOLEST experiences of my life. I loved every minute of it!! I SANG WITH DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!!

8 comments:

Bri!!! said...

That is SO AWESOME! I'm not a huge fan of David, but he really does have a beautiful voice and you sounded GOOD with him. Very cool!

Ashley said...

Mary, YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I cannot believe you sang with him. You sounded so good :) SO AWESOME!!! Can't stop smiling. and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, I am so glad you got to do this! I wish I could've gone with you! And how smart you are to not just ask him a question but a question of Can I sing with you? Amazing! For some reason I can't view the video it says its no longer available. Can you email it to me or put it on facebook? I must see it! :)

karenann1979@cox.net

Kendra Meyers said...

Mega cool, Mary! And you sounded so good. You're so brave to do that, I would be scared out of my wits. What a great experience.

WW&D said...

Matt told me about this today at lunch and i had to check it out! You guys really sounded awesome. I think you ought to post it on you tube. Mary, I can see you singing some sweet Martina McBride.

The Shumway Family said...

Mary, that is so cool! You sounded so awesome. Way to go!

Kim said...

That rocks Mary! You're voice sounds beautiful with his. I can't even imagine what you were thinking! Way to go! Any by the way... your face is totally NOT chubby. You're adorable!

Christy Gunnell said...

Mary you sounded amazing with David!! Seriously what a once in a lifetime opportunity. Way to be gutsy and ask to sing with him. So we are still here in Provo...Chase is starting law school at BYU in a week. So we should definitely get together sometime!!!