Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Prayer...

This was so cute and too big to put on "Comments by Tanner."

Today right before we all sat down to eat, Matt and Tanner were already at the table and Matt said, "Okay, lets pray." I then remembered I needed to grab something in the kitchen, so I asked Matt to wait a second. Tanner then decided that he was going to pray anyway. This is the first time he's initiated his own prayer and said it all the way through. It went like this:

"Heavenly Father, thank thee for today. Thank thee for cookies and chocolate chips. Thank thee that we could play with balls and water guns. We ask thee for home and family. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Oh, I wish I had a video camera set up. What a cute moment, at least Matt and I were both right there so we could write it down. Tanner will always be able to remember his first prayer and the important things to him as a 2 year old.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Priceless! I am excited to see this new, grown-up Tanner.

Clawson Family said...

Oh, how cute Mary! He's is just getting so big!

Ashley said...

That is so cute Mary. I love that he says thee too :) What an awesome thing to have written down!

Conrad said...

Nice post - at least he covered the important things right! :)