Oh, the joys of having an "independent" 2-year old. Tanner is at that age where he wants to try everything and do things all by himself. A trip to the grocery store isn't "run-in-get-what-you-need-than-run-out" anymore. Tanner now insists that he needs to stand in between my legs and push the cart. Whenever I am cooking in the kitchen, I have a little shadow constantly asking to "sit on the counter, please Mommy" so he can help measure, pour, cut, whatever he can do to help. Whatever it is, he is right there wanting to do it himself. Although at times it can be a bit patience trying, I am grateful that I can enjoy this time that he wants to spend with me and time he wants to help. I know that these times won't last forever.
Here is some pictures of Tanner doing what he sees me do every morning.


Funny thing is that his little "Alfafa" do stays all day. His hair is so fine and thin that when he blow-drys it one way, it kind of sticks.

For the last several days, he's had this "Alfafa" do b/c he has absolutely insisted on doing his hair himself. It just isn't worth the fight. I still think he looks pretty stinking cute. That faux-hawk look is in right now anyway, right??
3 comments:
Man, isn't the 2yr. old do-it-yourself stage so trying! If you want to learn patience, have a 2yr. old!
I agree Ashley! I pray for more and more patience everyday!
I remember those 'I do it!' days. I can't believe how big he is!
Post a Comment