Thursday, September 20, 2007

She's done...


Our home remodel is done! There are jsut a few things here and there, but for the most part, it's complete! We are so thrilled. We spent all last weekend moving our stuff into our new home (thanks for your help everyone!), spent 2 nights sleeping in our home, and then caught a late flight Monday night back to AZ. I know, bummer huh! Matt is still working here in AZ and so we wanted to come back and be with him. We'll most likely be here until the end of the year. It's only a few more months...=)

Here are some before and after photos...



The family room. I love how the fireplace turned out. I can't wait to put some gas logs in this winter...=)




The entry way. We knocked the little wall out and I can't believe how much it opened it up.



Our old dining room, new playroom area. If I had to go back and just make one change, this would be it, hands down. This is my most favorite change as it opens it up to the kitchen so much!



Our kitchen. I am sooooo giddy about our new kitchen. Since I love to cook and the kitchen is where we spend a lot of our time, I am so pleased that we were able to make it our own.



Another view. No more drop down ceiling!! And I am so excited that you can see clear to the other end of the house and into the family room and playroom. Now I don't have to feel like I'm in the "room on the other end of the house."



Master Bedroom, no more pink carpet! Thank goodness.



Master Bathroom, Matt and I are so excited about how this turned out. And double sinks, we are so excited about the double sinks. (Simple pleasures, right?)

Everything else was pretty basic, carpet, paint, etc, so I won't post all the pictures. Now, I have to find a way to furnish the place. In time, in time.

Oh, I almost forgot, since so many of your opinions were helpful, here's our new door...

I LOVE IT!!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks so great. How exciting!

Megan said...

It looks beautiful Mary. A whole new house.

jules said...

Congrats on finishing! It looks great.

Ashley said...

Beautiful! I love all the things you picked out. SO pretty! We miss you already and can't wait for you guys to come back. Let's have a big party when you do...your place:) just kidding.

The Jesperson Family said...

Most definitely Ashley!! I'm hoping we can have a big Christmas party at our house, if we get back before Christmas...=)

L&H&Q&E said...

Looks great, Mary! Can't wait to see it in person.

Kendra Meyers said...

Ahhh! Mary, I absolutely love it!!! Dave and I looked at this post of yours for like 15 minutes pointing out all the things we loved! Your re-model was done SO tastefully; and you say you're not a decorator. I'll definitely be asking for your advice when I decorate a house someday. Can't wait for some good times at the new place when you guys get here.

Clawson Family said...

I love it, Mary! Everything looks so great!

The Jesperson Family said...

Thank you everyone for your comments! It makes me miss "home" even more hearing from all of you. Soon enough we'll be able to have get togethers and playgroups, yeah!

Brynn said...

Your house looks incredible! I love the way it turned out. I'm just sad you had to leave it so quickly. I hope you get to go back soon!

Andrea said...

It looks gorgeous. I'm so impressed and I never saw the kitchen finished before - wow - how beautiful. I am very jealous!

Holly said...

You did an amazing job. I am so glad you showed the before and afters because it really gave me a feel for how much you improved it. It looks fantastic! I'm excited to show Trevor later.

The Shumway Family said...

Mary it is so beautiful! I would love to see it in person. You guys did such a good job!

Jenny-ology said...

What a huge difference! EVERYWHERE! So much work, but it was worth it!

Jessica said...

Wow! It looks sooo great! I am so excited for you!