Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just Playing Around...

I have been soooo inspired by my friends blog and the way she takes pictures. She is so good at capturing moments and emotions rather than just taking a picture. After looking at her blog one day I pulled out the camera and shot over 150 pictures of the kids. Just practicing (thank goodness for digital!). There are several that I want to post, but I'll just post a few of my favorites.


My favorite. I LOVE Kate's sweet potato covered expression. She was laughing when I took this picture.


Another one of my favorites. Tanner rarely smiles for pictures, so I don't capture the true essence of his smile very often. But this is Tanner smiling through and through. I LOVE IT!!


I love Kate in this picture, Her skin looks so pure and her eyes just pop out at you. Th lighting on this one was just perfect! She's in her Halloween costume here (just in case you're wondering), she's a "Pile of Leaves." I'll post more of those later. =)


Tanner in his Halloween costume. Doesn't seem to bother him at all that he has a "Spider Mask" on his head.


You've got to love that sly grin. What is he thinking...?


I LOVE Tanner's big, bright, blue eyes!!


Kate is playing pat-a-cake with Tanner, her favorite game! I focused on her hands instead of her face, so you'll notice that her hands are clear and her face is blurry. It would have been nice to have her face clear, but it's kind of a cool effect, maybe...?


I'm bummed that this one was blurry because I love the angle of the picture and Kate's cute scowl. I want to learn how to better work with lighting, shutter speeds, and all that fun stuff so my pictures are more crisp and clear, and the colors are just amazing. I know I have a lot to learn, but I am really taking a liking to photography and "capturing moments." Matt has recommended a book to me that I'm going to start reading this week. I'll post the book title later this week, with more pictures, hopefully.

4 comments:

Amy said...

These are so good. You did a great job. (It helps to have cute kids too). I love her costume.

Clawson Family said...

I think those look great, Mary! I love the pile of leaves costume, what a cute idea. We can't wait for you guys to move back to Utah!

Holly said...

I love the first two pictures of Kate, she is gorgeous! Her costume is so creative and so cute.

I'm glad to have been a source of inspiration. It feels nice, thanks.

Brynn said...

Mary, that first picture of Tanner smiling looks just like you. I loved all the pictures - so fun! Can't wait to see you in December!