Wednesday, October 3, 2007

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!


A few days ago, I told Tanner that we were going to the Playhouse Disney Concert, just him and me, for a mommy/Tanner outing. He was so excited that he could barely stand it. He watches Mickey Mouse Playhouse everyday, LOVES it! He kept asking me when we were going to get in the car and go to the concert, so I made this count down poster so he could see how many days we had to go. Everyday, he loved pulling the piace of paper down to reveal 1 less day until the concert.

He was so excited to go today, and talked about it the whole way in the car, "Mom, is Goofy going to be there, and Minnie, Daisy too..." When we parked the car, he asked me to carry him because he wanted to get there "faster." I was so excited, I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

We walked into the arena, it was dark, and the music was LOUD!! His smiles quickly changed, it really scared him. I think he was expecting the show that he watches on TV, not a LIVE and LOUD performance on stage. When Mickey came out, and he saw that he was a GIANT mouse, and not the little mouse that he sees on TV, he would not let go of me. Poor thing, I should have prepared him better. I totally thought he was going to go nuts to see these guys in person. But my 2-year old wasn't star-struck, he was confused and skeptical of these huge creatures on the stage, singing very LOUDLY. (I keep reiterating loud b/c he kept asking me to turn the sound down). He did end up warming up to the concert, and maybe smiling once or twice, but overall, he was glad when the concert was finished so we could go home and watch it on TV. When I asked him if he has fun, his answer was, "Yes mommy, it was fun, but it was really loud, and I think I like to watch Mickey Mouse on TV better." At least he's honest.

Here are a few more pictures of the Mickey Mouse Live Concert...




Little Eistiens were there too (so was Pooh and Handy Manny, but my camera was out of batteries and since Tanner doesn't watch those shows, I didn't take a picture. Sorry these pictures are a little blurry).


The first picture is what his expression was like pretty much the whole concert. The second picture is him smiling because I told him that I wanted a picture with him smiling. Maybe the next mommy/Tanner outing will just be to our own living room with a big tub of popcorn to watch Mickey Mouse on TV. =)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, that's sad that Tanner was scared. I can see how that might be a bit overwhelming, but it sounds like fun. And I definitely love his honesty. That's a crackup.

Holly said...

That face is priceless. It is kind of funny how we try and do so much for them and it doesn't always work out as planned!