We moved back to Utah, from AZ, in December. There were no need for any kind of snow gear in AZ, but the week we got back there was snow on the ground and it just kept snowing! I think for like 2 months straight there was snow on the ground. A kids dream to say the least. One afternoon, we were heading out sledding and realized that Tanner didn't have any kind of snow boots. We thought we'd just be able to head into Gart Sports and pick up a pair. We were so wrong? EVERYTHING was sold out. We made a few calls and found a pair of blue snow boots in Tanner's size at Parks. They only had one left. I had a feeling that Matt should call back and put them on hold, but we were only like 5 minutes away, so we didn't bother. To our dismay, when we got there, a lady was at the register purchasing Tanner's blue boots. All they had left was a pair of PINK boots 2 sizes bigger than Tanner's shoe size. At that point we didn't care, we were all in our snow gear and figured that Kate would be able to wear them eventually. At least it would help Tanner build confidence, right...? Only confident boys wear pink!
He has loved his boots this winter, and I think he loves them only because they are pink, and whenever anyone sees him in them, they rave about them. We'll see if he thinks they're as cool when he's looking at the pictures a few years from now. =)
Tanner in his Pink boots

My beautiful family.

These pictures were taken like 10 days ago, on Kate's birthday! It just isn't right for it to be snowing this much when the sun should be shining and flowers blooming (no...I'm not bitter). But hey, at least it gave Tanner another opportunity to wear his boots.

Tanner saw a digger that was left outside which of course he had to go and rescue. He just pulled those pink boots right over his jammies (they were 2 sizes bigger, remember) and headed out.

Trying to eat the snow.

Every time I see this picture I can't help but laugh out loud. My cute little boy, with pj's that are a size too small, running around in the snow with his pink boots.

Tasting the snow - which he says tastes like "ice-cream!"


Rescuing the digger.

Scooping the snow with the digger.


Well, I guess the spring snow wasn't that bad, I did get some pictures that we will laugh about and cherish forever!
4 comments:
Mary, these pictures of Tanner are so awesome. They totally portray his fun personality! I'm so glad you got some pics of him in his cherished pink boots. They are hilarious!!!
You must have one snazzy camera because you capture the moment so well. Love the story of the boots! I was probably laughing just as hard as you were looking at those pics. Too, too, cute!
Those pictures are hilarious, Tanner is so dang funny!!! I remember seeing pink boots at your house and wondering who's they were, well now I know. I'm sure he will love those pictures of him and his pink boots when he's a teenager:)
These pictures are fantastic Mary! You captured the moment so well, you really feel like you are there watching Tanner. I love quirky things like pink boots - you would have never remembered blue ones and these will be a favorite memory always.
Post a Comment