It's hard to believe that our baby girl just turned 1! It seems like yesterday that we were patiently awaiting her arrival, but at the same time it feels like she has been a part of our family forever. What a year this has been Kate, we couldn't even begin to imagine our family without you...
Here you are waiting for presents and breakfast.

You started opening your presents, but Tanner got impatient, so...
At least he let you admire the new toys before he opened and played with them all.

I think these pictures are hilarious. I try not to give my babies any sugar until they turn 1. The expression on Kate's face says it all - SHE LOVED IT!! And couldn't get enough.

Later that day, we went and had birthday cake at Matt's parents house. Kate thought the candle was so pretty and...

When Tanner got his first birthday cake, he was afraid of it, and we really had to coax him to try it out. Kate seemed to know right off the bat that this was something yummy that she could eat.

I love her feet in this picture, as she was trying that first bite, you could see she enjoyed it all the way down to her toes!

We love you so much Kate! You have so much spunk and charisma, which means you are constantly exploring and on the go. I love your "conversations" of gibberish that go on for like 5 minutes. I love the way you "reorganize" every drawer and cupboard you can get into. I love your sweet smile and your infectious laugh. I love the way you try to do everything your big brother does. I love your sense of adventure, and your fearlessness to try anything. You are truly a delight, and you make your father and I smile everyday.






7 comments:
You got some great shots. She's such a cutie. Didn't that first year just fly by?
I so agree when you say that it seemed like just yesterday when you were waiting for Kate's arrival, but at the same time it feels like she's always been in your family. That's how it is for me with Anna.
Happy Birthday Kate!
Trev and I are both looking at that chocolate cake and wishing that we could have a slice - good job Mary!
She's so sweet! By the way, my sister Hannah said she ran into Matt on an airplane in Salt Lake, but she doesn't think he recognized her, so if he remember talking to a random blonde girl who asked about you, it was my sister. Next time she'll be sure to tell him her name. :)
Happy Birthday Kate. Looks like she had some fun! I love the photos
Wow, I can't believe she turned one! Time really flies when you are a parent. If you ever figure out a way to slow it down, let me know. Your kids are adorable!!!
Happy Birthday Kate! I love those pictures of her and the cake, It's so fun when kids actually enjoy their birthday cake.
Post a Comment