Monday, September 8, 2008

Garden Party!

On Friday, I had the privilege of going to a Garden Party at Thanksgiving Point with some of my good friends. We had such a wonderful time. The food was AMAZING!! We all dressed up and wore hats and summer skirts to celebrate the last few days of summer. It was such a lovely evening. I love these girls and loved the time we were able to sped together.

Here's the whole group.


Table 1:


Table 2:


Here's Thanksgiving Point's executive chef who prepared our lovely meal. He came out to tell us what was what on our 6 course meal!


The oh-so-yummy menu:


The MOST amazing raspberry lemonade I have ever had. There were real raspberries in it. YUM!


The meal. There was a shrimp crostini pre-appetizer (didn't even know there was such a thing as a pre-appetizer!), a Mango Caprese salad, Tomato Basil Soup, an apple and candied pecan salad, a steak and chicken main course, and Creme Brulee. We were stuffed with some of the most delicious foods we had ever tasted. Wow!!


Me and my good friend Bekah, our incredibly thoughtful hostess. Thanks so much Bekah, this was so much fun! We'll have to make an end of summer garden party a tradition.

1 comment:

HDH. said...

Thanks for posting these photos -- I linked to them on my blog. It was SO much fun, wasn't it? Loved it.

By the way, in the last photo of you and Rebekah, I think you look like a young Laura Bush. (That's a compliment; hope you take it that way.)