Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Daddy's Little Helper...


On Monday, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to take Matt to the airport for his week of work in AZ. At 6:15 a.m., as I was driving down Center street in Orem, Matt called me and said he had missed his flight (the security lines were outrageous!). He waited at the airport until the next flight was going out three hours later and wasn't able to get on that flight either. Flights to AZ were sold out until later that night so Matt rented a car and headed home so he could at least get some work done in a more cozy environment.

I tried to keep the kids busy, so they wouldn't bother him while he was working, but he wanted them to be around. I guess if I had to be gone all week, I would want to spend as much time with them as possible too. Here Matt is working and holding Kate so I could help Tanner with something (I can't remember what, sad, it was only 2 days ago). What a great daddy! We love you Matt, and are secretly glad you missed your flight so you could spend another day with us!!

(Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Cox for the picture)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

The same thing happened to us when we flew out of Sacramento! We got in the security line 35 minutes before takeoff and got there 4 minutes too late. The plane took off ON TIME of all things (I don't see that happen too often). We were able to get on the next flight, though. Somehow the next flight had 10 more seats than they thought it would. Is anybody working over there? Sorry this is so long.

Jenny-ology said...

That is such a pain to get up so early and have to go back and get him. Especially after you made it all the way back to Orem!!

I also take it that you no longer live in AZ. Shoot! We never got together :(
I want to email you about something but I lost your email address. If you still have mine will you email me?