Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Like Father, Like Son...

I fell in love again with my little boy today! I think it's because he is acting more and more like his daddy. Being away from Matt every week is really hard and when I see noticable traits in Tanner that are so similar to Matt's, it makes me grateful to have a little bit of Matt around when he's gone.


I was playing around with Photoshop with this picture. Here's the original, I'd love opinions, I think it looks kinda fun, but is it too much? Some of the photography websites I visit, this seems to be a popular look, so I thought I would try.


Anyway, back to my Tanner...

Tanner has an amazing memory and doesn't forget a single detail. (Just like daddy). Tanner has a Thomas magnet book that he loves and takes with him EVERYWHERE!! I told him a little story with it one night at bedtime, and now he has to have the train magnets in the exact, and I mean exact, places I put them as I told him the story. On Sunday, we were running out the door to church and Tanner asked Matt to grab Thomas. As he did so, it fell on the floor and the magnets wen all over. Matt quickly picked up the pieces and stuck it in the bag. Tanner would not have it. "Daddy, help me put them where they go. Help me Daddy, pleeeease." He would not let us walk out the door unless they were in their right spots.

Tanner is amazing at figuring things out and is always thinking one step ahead. (Just like daddy). This morning, I was next door at our house meeting with our carpet guy. When I got home, Matt's mom told me this story, we were both amazed. Tanner walked up to Nana and said, "Nana, I have poo-poos." Nana told him that she would change him if he ran downstairs to get a diaper. He was gone for a few minutes and came up carrying a diaper, one wipe, a pair of shorts, and a t-shirt. I know he went downstiars, grabbed a diaper and thought, "I better get a wipe too, Nana will need that." And then realized that he was still in his PJ's and thought, "I better get some clothes to wear for the day." The outfit that he chose just happened to match very nicely and is one that I tell him often is one of my favorites. This is the outfit he chose, and him playing in the rain today...




Tanner is also very neat and tidy and likes to keep his things clean. (Just like daddy) A couple of months ago, Tanner was helping his Nana out in the yard and was digging in the dirt with one of his diggers. It was quite muddy that day so his digger got pretty dirty. He came inside where I was feeding Kate with an entire package of wipes and asked me to open it for him. I opened it and he marched downstairs with it. He had been downstairs for quite a while when he came upstairs with his digger and proudly exclaimed, "All clean mommy." I didn't think much of it, I didn't even know it was dirty. I went downstairs a little while later to change Kate, and all the pieces came together. This is what I found...


And the funniest part was that there was a little bit of mud or dirt on every single one of those wipes. (And that he used nearly an entire box!!)

He also has a very funny sense of humor. (Just like daddy!) You'll have to refer to the video in the next post for an example.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I love you son, you are one of a kind and I am so lucky to be your mommy so I can enjoy you and your darling personality everyday!!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Love the picture. I'm not always a huge fan of overly-stylized photos, but I really like what you did with this one. I love all the stories about Tanner. These little guys develop the funniest little personalities and do the funniest things, don't they?

I love the wipe pile.

Clawson Family said...

I love the picture Mary, good job with photo shop! All the pictures look great, I can't wait to get to know Tanner better, he has such a cute personality!

jules said...

Mary I think the picture looks great. I love photoshop!

Ashley said...

The picture looks awesome. Tanner is growing up so much! You always have the funniest stories to tell.

Holly said...

I didn't mean to sound bratty with my original comment. I was just expressing that I understood the "too much" concern, but that I thought you had done a beautiful job. I need to make sure that I am not half asleep when I write things from now on! (Like right now. . .)

Andrea said...

He's such a little stud...you'll have to let me know how you got Tanner's eyes so bright in the picture. I love it!

Jenny-ology said...

I love all the cute pictures of cute little Tanner. I especially love the photoshop effects. Did you manually play with them, or use automatic effects? Tell me everything! Very nice job. It makes a huge difference from the original.