Friday, August 31, 2007

I need opinions!!

I have to decide in the next couple of days how I am going to paint my front door. I am undecided about these two options. Any opinions would be helpful.


I am definitely painting the door black, but I am trying to decide if I paint my sidelights white or...


...black??

What do you all think?

18 comments:

L&H&Q&E said...

I like the white sidelights. Seems more traditional to me.

Are you back in town? If so, are you back for good, or just visiting again? (You're hard to keep track of!)

Ashley said...

Man, that's a hard one. Do you have shutters or are you planning on getting shutters? That would sway my opinion one way or the other.

Julie said...

I like the black. It depends what style you are going for. The white is more traditional. The black is traditional too but it has more of a contemporary look. Good luck. It really is a no lose situation.

Brynn said...

I like the white better. It would look nice with the light colored brick on your house and tie it all in really well. It's a pretty contrast with the black, too.

The Jesperson Family said...

Ashley, we are planning on putting shutters up at some time. And we'd like those to be black as well. The brick is such a light color, that I'm thinking the black would be a nice contrast on the house. What do you think?

Holly said...

What color is your trim? If its white, then white might be the way to go to tie it in. But Black would be a nice contrast and catch the eye. We have to make the same decision pretty soon and have no clue, so good luck. Worst case scenario you repaint next year because it is such a small area!

Ashley said...

You know, it's really the look you're going for either white or black... I like both white and black. If you are putting up black shutters, I might do black. I like Holly's comment about repainting if you want though. So no pressure:) I'll drive by your house and see what I think.

The Jesperson Family said...

The trim is white Holly. Would you paint the sidelights the same color as the trim and shutters that we plan on doing?

jules said...

I like the white. I'm no good at the decorating stuff though, I'd take Ashley & Holly's opinions....

Amy said...

I vote white.

Eden said...

I vote white too. I think especially with the light brick on the house. I think Julie is right that the black would add a more contemporary edge, but I think with your brick color it might be a bit much. So I'm thinking the white sidelights would look great!

Holly said...

I don't think that I would do white shutters, just the sidelights. I'm sure you have a nice straight-on photo - use your and Matt's photoshop skills to give you a better feel for the overall look. Just make black rectangles for the shutters. You could post those two photos for opinions or maybe that would answer your question. Good luck! How's the kitchen coming?

Ashley said...

Hey Mary, I saw a house with a black door, black shutters, and white trim and it looked awesome. I definitely think you should paint white. The black seems to formal to me.

Kendra Meyers said...

I know I'm late, but definitely white. :)

Holly said...

I just realized that I have a black door, black shutters, white sidelights, and white trim - and I hate it!!! I guess I never thought about it because my brick is red. This probably means that my house doesn't count as comparison, but I thought that I would let you know that since day one we've wanted to change things.

But I do think that it would look much better with your house color.

Melissa said...

I am late. But, I like the white!

onesmokinchef said...

I am looking for a front door just like the black one in your pictures. Where did you get it?

onesmokinchef said...

Hello,

Can you tell me where you got your front door? My family and I are looking for something exactly like yours, same color and everything.

Thank you.